2. A person with whom one has an engagement or rendezvous.
3. A person one sees socially. To go around with means to date someone casually; to go out with means to date that person seriously (or regularly); to go steady with , means to date only that person (to be committed to that person); to go with , means to have sexual intercourse with someone.
4. To go out with the same person regularly.
6. A prostitute's customer.
Synonyms: baby; beef burger; client; cull; john; meal ticket; meatball; money trick; patron; piper; punter; sucker; TOS; trade; trick.
See also: 33; 78; champagne trick; curb crawler; freak trick; frequent flyer.
7. In prostitution, an act of sex with a customer.
(1) Barney (Frank McHugh) in All Through the Night (1942): ' I've got a date with a doll.'
Add or improve a definition
date Miss Michigan
date mother palm and her five daughters
date of menarche
date Palmala Handerson
date rape drugs
dating my palm
dating Rosie Palm and her five sisters
dating the Palm sisters
dating Thumbalina and her four sisters