2. The flow of communications between individuals and groups; the flow of commercial transactions between localities; social interaction in general.
3. Or: sexual intercourse , penetrative (insertive) sex between a man and a woman, a sexual act during which the penis is inserted into the vagina or anus. The term is often modified accordingly: vaginal intercourse; penovaginal intercourse; anal intercourse; penoanal intercourse; more rarely: interfemoral intercourse (between the thighs); oral intercourse (fellatio and cunnilingus). See copulation for synonyms.
ETYMOLOGY: From the Latin intercursus , meaning running between, and the Middle English entrecours , commercial dealings.
(1) Robert Reisner. Graffiti. Two Thousand Years of Wall Writing : ' Fuck intercourse.'
(2) Robert Reisner. Graffiti. Two Thousand Years of Wall Writing : ' The only recourse is intercourse, of course.'
(3) Xaviera Hollander (Joey Heatherton) to the Senate Committtee on 'Sexual Excesses in America' in The Happy Hooker Goes to Washington (1977): ' What's good for general intercourse is good for the country.'
4. Broadly speaking, any kind of sexual contact.
Add or improve a definition
Inter faeces et urinem nascimur
interest free loan
interested in only one thing