Synonyms: angelface; babe; babe-in-arms; babykins; bambino; boomer; bottle baby; brat; bundle (of joy); bundle from heaven; buttercup; changeling; cherub; chick; child; crawler; drape ape; dumpling; fosterling; honeychild; in diapers; infant; ingenue; innocent; kid; kiddie; kitten; little imp; little monkey; little devil; little angel; little darling; little one; little doll; little deduction; little dividend; lollipop; mite; moppet; ninny; nipper; nursling; offspring; papoose; preemie; progeny; rosebud; rug rat; shark bait; small fry; snookums; snooky; suckling; tad; tax benefit expense; tiny tot; toddler; tyke; weanling; young innocent; young creature; youngster.
2. Term used by pro-life advocates to refer to an unborn embryo or fetus.
3. Pertaining to or having to do with a baby.
4. Adjective for infantile or childish.
Synonyms: baby; babyish; childish; childlike; infantile; infantine.
5. Term of familiar address between friends and lovers.
6. Term of endearment for addressing a superlative sweetheart (male or female) or an attractive man or woman. This term reflects a transfer of love for a child or baby to an adult.
(1) Anne Schuyler (Jean Harlow) to a boyfriend in Platinum Blonde (1931): 'Come here, baby. '
(2) Larry Haines (Bob Hope) to Karen Bentley (Madeleine Carroll) in My Favorite Blonde (1942): ' I don't know anything about babies... the small kind.'
(3) Stella Purdy (Stella Stevens) to Julius Kelp/Buddy Love (Jerry Lewis) in The Nutty Professor (1963): ' If I were your baby I'd be swinging from a tree.'
7. Pet name for a man's penis. Does baby want to play ? See penis for synonyms.
8. A prostitute's customer.
Synonyms: baby; beef burger; client; cull; date; fare; john; meal ticket; meatball; money trick; patron; piper; punter; sucker; TOS; trade; trick.See also: 33; 78; champagne trick; curb crawler; freak trick; frequent flyer.
a term of endearment
I knew I was getting old when I attended the retirement party for my baby brother.
Add or improve a definition
babes having babies
babies having babies