homosexual. This appellation is commonly used among gay males for one another, but more often refers to older, ostentatiously effeminate gay men.
(1) RobertReisner. Graffiti. Two Thousand Years of Wall Writing : ' God save the Queens! '
(2) Chichi Rodriquez (John Leguizamo) to Vita Boheme (Patrick Swayze) in To Wong Foo. Thanks for Everything. Julie Newmar (1995): ' Vita, you know, you're not a queen because you rule people or you sit on the throne, baby, you're a queen because you couldn't cut it as a man so you had to put on a dress.'
(3) In Corrina, Corrina (1994) Mrs. Washington (Whoopie Goldberg) is listening to television:
-- A TV ad: ' Would YOU like to be queen for a day? '
-- Corrina: ' I knew a guy in my neighborhood who wanted to be queen for a day, and you know what happened to him, don't you? '
2. An effeninate male. May also be derogatory referring to superficial, nelly, sharp-tongued and self-important gay male, one unpleasant to be around.
6. My Queen , a term of endearment for a wife.
Add or improve a definition
que sera sera
Queen Elizabeth II
queen for a day
Queen Magrethe (II) of Denmark
Queen of Hearts
queen of holes
Queen of Scotch
Queen of Sheba
Queen of Spades
queen on a broomstick