Definitionmeasurements around the bust, waist and hips, supposedly relating to sexuality. The winner of the first Miss America Pageant held in Atlantic City in 1921 was sixteen-year-old Margaret Gorman; her measurements were 30-25-32.
SYNONYMS: figure; measurements; shapeliness.
(1) Tira (Mae West) in I'm No Angel (1933): ' One figure can sometimes add up to a lot.'
(2) Mae West in I'm No Angel (1933): ' A figure with curves always offers a lot of interesting angles.'
(4) James Bond (Roger Moore) and a shapely woman in Octopussy (1983):
-- Woman: ' You have a very good memory for faces.'
-- James Bond: ' And figures.'
(5) Chrissy (Rita Wilson) and Roberta (Rosie O'Donnell) looking at the magazine cover featuring Teeny Terrell (Melanie Griffith) in Now and Then (1995):
-- Chrissy: ' Now what is it that she has that gets people so excited? '
-- Roberta: ' Long legs, a tiny waist and perky breasts.'
(6) Clayboy (James MacArthur) and Claris (Mimsy Farmer) in Spencer's Mountain (1963):
-- Clayboy: ' Well, you've grown.'
-- Claris: ' 34-22-34.'
-- Clayboy: ' What does that stand for? '
-- Claris: ' What you're gawking at.'