Definitionsvulgar by some people, for:
1. To copulate. Usage in this sense, based on the forming of a hump, the arching of the back, when copulating in the missionary position ((a beast with two backs), dates back to the 18 th century. Captain Francis Grose defined hump in 1785 ( Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue ): ' To hump; once a fashionable word for copulation. ' It seems to have made a come-back because it is now a widespread term in the US and UK. See copulation for synonyms.
(1) Humping (Robert Gwaltney) and Barney (Paul Rodriguez) in The Whoopee Boys (1986):
-- Humping: ' I'm Humping, the butler.'
-- Barney: ' Oh, yeah? So who's fucking the maid? '
(2) Pool husther Vince (Tom Cruise), Carmen (Mary E. Mastrantonio) in The Color of Money (1986):
-- Vince: ' Carmen, I'm playing here! '
-- Carmen: ' Yeah! I know! Listen, you win one more game you're gonna be humping your fist for a long time. O.K. Vincent? '
(4) Headlines in the Sensation at the end of the movie Transylvania 6-5000 (1985): ' Servants confess: We never had a real hump. '
(5) Anonymous: ' The sexual life of the camel is stranger than anyone thinks: One night a horny old camel attempted to bugger the sphinx. Alas, the ass of the statue was filled with the sand of the Nile, which explains the hump on the camel and the sphinx's inscrutable smile.'
7. Ivanah Humpalot , Russian female character in Austin Powers 2 The Spy Who Shagged Me (1999)
Add or improve a definition
hump the bump
hump the horn
hump the hose
hump your fist
humper and a pumper, a
humpin' and bumpin'
humping the hose