Definitionsactive with both men and women; sexually oriented toward both sexes; someone whose sexual orientation is both hetero- and homosexual. See bisexual [SYN] for synonyms.
(1) Woody Allen: ' I'm a practicing heterosexual but bisexuality immediately doubles your chances for a date on Saturday night.'
(2) Boris Grushenko (Woody Allen) in Love and Death (1975): ' Some men are heterosexual, and some men are homosexual, and some men don't think about sex at all. They become lawyers.'
(3) Rabbi Lorenzo Gabriel disguised as Archangel Gabriel (Richard Pollard) in order to seduce Mary (Bette Midler) in The Thorn (1973):
-- Gabriel: ' Fear not, Mary. I am from God. '
-- Mary: ' Thank God!... How is She? '
-- Gabriel: ' God, not goddess. God is a He not a She. '
-- Mary: ' Oh you Calvinist pig! '
-- Gabriel: ' What? You think God is a lady? '
-- Mary: ' I think God is a woman. '
-- Gabriel: ' Would you settle for Him being bisexual? '
-- Mary: ' I'd settle for Her being bisexual. '
-- Gabriel: ' How about a He who's a transvestite? '
-- Mary: ' I would be willing to accept a man who was so disgusted with his gender that he had a complete sex change overhaul and now only does it with animals. '
-- Gabriel: ' All right, as long as She wears a jock strap when swimming. '
(4) Tommy Patel (Eric Idle) in Splitting Heirs (1993): ' You don't have to worry about me, dear, I'm BI-sexual. Whenever I want to have sex, I have to buy it.'
(5) Susan (Edie McClurg), a swinger, invites Mary Bland (Mary Woronov) and her husband Paul (Paul Bartel), to engage in a little kinky sex at a swingers party in Eating Raoul (1982):-- Susan: ' We were wondering if you'd like to get together and have a little fun? '-- Mary: ' What did you have in mind? '-- Susan: ' Oh, gee, we're up for about anything. You see we're both bies so we can go either way, but actually we do like straight sex. Moose is into voyeurism and I'm into exhibitionism. We like B & D, but we don't like S & M. We met at A & P, but we don't like labels.'-- Mary: ' Very nice of you to ask us but we're actually into Saint-Bernards.'
2. Pertaining to both sexes; possessing both male and female sexual characteristics or possessing both male and female sex organs; hermaphroditic. See also: hermaphrodite.