(1) Luna Schlosser (Diane Keaton) to Miles Monroe (Woody Allen), a man frozen in the year 1973 and brought back to life in the year 2173; now he wants to have a relationship with her in Sleeper (1973): ' But Miles, relationships between men and women don't last. That was proven by science. You see, there's a chemical in our bodies that makes it so. We all get on each others nerves sooner or later.'
(2) Alvy Singer (Woody Allen) to Annie (Diane Keaton) in Annie Hall (1977): ' A relationship, I think, is like a shark. You know, it has to constantly move forward or it dies. And I think what we have on our hands is a dead shark.'
(3) Isaac Davis (Woody Allen) to Mary Wilke (Diane Keaton) in Manhattan (1979): ' There must be something wrong with me because I've never had a relationship with a woman that lasted longer than the one between Hitler and Eva Braun.'
(4) Isaac Davis (Woody Allen) to his friend Yale (Michael Murphy) in Manhattan (1979): ' You shouldn't ask for my advice. When it comes to relationships with women I'm the winner of the August Strindberg Award.' August Strindberg is the misogynist Swedish author of Lucky Per's Journey .
(5) Sally Albright (Meg Ryan) in When Harry Met Sally (1989): ' We wanted to live together, but we didn't want to get married, because every time anyone we knew got married, it ruined their relationship. They practically never had sex again. It's true. It's one of the secrets that no one ever tells you.'
(7) Manicurist Val(erie) Dale (Geena Davis) is willing to forgive her fiancé Doctor Ted Gallagher (Charles Rocket) for having one last fling if he agrees to lay off nurses in Earth Girls are Easy (1989): ' A relationship is like a porcelain nail, Ted. You can break it and you can glue it back together but it's not going to be as strong as it was unless the person is really committed and not bringing home nurses.'
(8) Simon (Joe Pesci) and Montgomery (Brendan Fraser) in With Honors (1994):
-- Simon B. Wilder: ' When it comes to relationships everybody is a used car salesman.'
-- Monty Quesler: ' Is that your philosophy: Don't trust anyone? '
-- Simon B. Wilder: ' No, you gotta trust people. You just can't trust the warranty.'
(9) Bachelor Elie (Kevin Pollak) in The Opposite Sex. And How to Live With Them (1993): ' A relationship is a fine place to sleep but you wouldn't want to live there.'
(10) Bernadine/Bernie (Angela Bassett) being divorced after 11 years with John in Waiting to Exhale (1995): ' You know what's funny. I always thought if I gave him what he needed he'd give me what I need. It's amazing what can happen when you give a man control over your life.'
2. The condition of fact or state of being related; a connection by blood or marriage; kinship.
3. A connection or association. ' We have a good working relationship.'