Definitionurination. A nurseryese term which extends into adult life; not to be confused with ' to be at number one ', the first day of a woman's monthly flow. See urination for synonyms.
(2) Penguin/Oswald Cobblepot (Danny De Vito) because his parents threw him in the sewers Batman Returns (1992): ' I was their number one son and they treated me like number two.'
2. One's own self.
3. To be number one / numero uno , to be the first or the best at something.
(2) Lionel Twain (Truman Capote), claiming to be the greatest detective, and Sam Diamond (Peter Falk) in Murder by Death (1976):
-- Lionel: ' Look at me! I'm the greatest! I'm number one! '
-- Sam: ' To me you look like number two. Know what I mean? '
4. Look after number one / take care of number one , to look after one's own interests.
5. My number one , one's sweetheart.