Definitionsballocks ; dates as far back as William Shakespeare. Once spelled: bawls. See penis for synonyms.
(1) Leticia Van Allen (Mae West) sponsoring a policemen's ball in Myra Breckinridge (1970): ' I've always adored policemens' balls. '
(3) Nick Conklin (Michael Douglas) explaining 'cops' instinct' to a Japanese detective Matsumoto (Ken Takakura) in Black Rain (1989): ' Sometimes you've got to forget your head and grab your balls.'
(4) Pedro (Peter Falk) in Tune In Tomorrow (1990): ' Does Pinocchio have wooden balls?'
(5) A sketch on The Pepsodent Show . (Bob's script called for a simple 'Okay'.)
-- Hedy Lamarr: 'I'll meet you in front of the pawn shop.'
-- Bob Hope: 'Okay, Dottie, and then you can kiss me under the balls.'
(6) Erica Benton (Jill Clayburgh) in An Unmarried Woman (1978): ' Balls! said the Queen. If I had 'em I'd be King.'
-- A rewording of: ' Balls! said the Queen. If I had two, I could be King.' ( If I had 'em I'd be king.)
-- George Burns: ' If my aunt had balls, shed be my uncle.'
(7) Jonathan (Jack Nicholson) speaking of Cindy (Rita Moreno) in Carnal Knowledge (1971): ' You know her problem? She wants balls.'
(8) Amber (Elisa Donovan), about tennis lessons, and Dionne (Stacey Nash) in Clueless (1995):
-- Amber: ' Miss Stoguer, my plastic surgeon doesn't want me doing any activity where balls fly at my face.'
-- Dionne: ' Well, there goes your social life.'
2. To have balls , to have courage, guts, or nerve, often recklessly so.
(1) Peggy Schuyler (Madolyn Smith) to Roger Cobb (Steve Martin) in All of Me (1984): ' It's either me or your balls, Roger. You can't have both.'
(2) Fast Eddie Felson (Paul Newman) to Vince (Tom Cruise) in The Color of Money (1986): ' You've got to have two things to win. You'ge got to have brains and you've got to have balls. You've got too much of one and not enough of the other.'
3. Balls! An expletive of surprise, annoyance or disbelief.
4. Balls! Or: Talking a load of balls! Rubbish; nonsense.
Adam: Oh balls...
Add or improve a definition
balls and bat
balls deep in the furry fun house
balls deep into your fist
balls in a sling
balls like a scoutmaster
balls to the wall