Copyright © 2017 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | Dictionary Home
Disclaimer: All content on this website is for informational purposes only. It was submitted by the users and has not been checked for accuracy. This information should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional.
movie rating system
- G = General, all ages permitted.
- PG = Parental guidance suggested, all ages admitted. (Since the 1980s may contain a few obscenities and perhaps a bit of not-too-explicit sex.)
- PG-13 = Parental guidance strongly recommended; some material may be inappropriate for pre-teenagers).
- R = Restricted, persons under 17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. By the 1980s this rating often meant lots of obscenities and/or violence, some nudity, and/or sex.
- X = No one under 17 admitted.
- NC-I 7 = No children under 17 admitted; was created in 1990 to replace the X rating.
Link to this page: