homosexual woman. (There is no corresponding eponym for a homosexual or gay male.)
(1) Lesbian Opal Gilstrap (Raye Dowell) in She's Gotta Have It (1986): ' You're not born a lesbian or heterosexual. Both traits are within us. We all have the potential to go either way.'
(2) Rachel (Liza D'Agostino) and Loretta (Nancy Allison Wolfe) in Bar Girls (1994):
-- Rachel: ' Do you think I'm gay? '
-- Loretta: ' What do you mean? '
-- Rachel: ' Well, how do you know for sure? '
-- Loretta: ' You just know that's all. It's like being French. Either you are or you're not.'
(3) Pino (Anthony de Sando) and a lesbian in Kiss Me Guido (1998):
-- Pino: ' You're a lesbian? Hey, I'm sorry. You like girls? That's cool, me too, but you have no desire to do it with a guy? '
-- Lesbian: ' Do you? '
-- Pino: ' That's disgusting! '
-- Lesbian: ' Exactly.'
(4) Romy White (Mira Sorvino) complaining about the scarcity of interesting menales in a bar, and her friend Michelle Weinberger (Lisa Kudrow) in Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion (1998):
-- Romy: ' I swear to God, sometimes I wish I were a lesbian.'
-- Michelle: ' You want to have sex sometimes just to see if we are? '
-- Romy: ' Just the idea of having sex with another woman creeps me out..., but, if we're not married by the time were thirty, ask me again.'
2. Pertaining to lesbians or lesbianism.