attractive, especially in a delightful, wholesome, dainty or delicate way.
Synonyms: adorable; alluring; attractive; beautiful; charming; comely; dainty; delightful; fetching; good-looking; nice-looking; perky; pleasant; pretty.
(1) Moose Malloy (Mike Mazurki) in Murder, My Sweet (1945): ' She was cute as lace pants.'
(2) Philip Marlowe (Dick Powell) to Ann Grayle (Anne Shirley) in Murder, My Sweet (1945): ' You know, that's a cute nose, even if it is crooked.'
(4) Lucy (Shelley Long) in Hello Again (1987): ' I think I passed cute two years ago... maybe three.'
(5) Charles (Hugh Grant) and Carrie (Andie MacDowell) in Four Weddings and a Funeral (1993):
-- Charles: ' Do you want to come up for a nightcap? '
-- Carrie: ' Are you sure? '
-- Charles: ' Oh, yes. I think we can risk it. I'm pretty sure I can resist you. You're not that cute.'
(6) Ian (Joe Mantegna) and Chazz (Brendan Fraser) watching Pip (Adam Sandler) with Suzzy (Nina Siemaszko) in Airheads (1994):
-- Ian: ' How does he do that? '-- Chazz: ' Pip? The man gets his hands on more bumpers than a body shop.'-- Ian: ' With that I-seem-so-stupid-I-must-be-cute routine? '-- Chazz: ' That's the quiet cool. Chics, man, they just lock on it.'
Add or improve a definition
cut out to be a man
cut the Brie
cut the cake
cut the cheese
cut the Gordian knot
cut the mustard