neck and the abdomen; the thorax.
(1) Slicker Smith (Bud Abbott) drilling Pfc. Herbie Brown (Lou Costello) in Buck Privates (1941):
-- Slicker: ' Throw your chest out! '
-- Herbie: ' I'm not through with it yet.' In Here Come the Co-Eds (1945) his answer is: ' How Far? '
(2) Ebeneezer Hawkins (Paul E. Burns) and Junior (Bob Hope) in Son of Paleface (1952):
-- Ebenezer: ' Give this millionaire something that will put hair on his chest.'
-- Junior: ' I've got hair on my chest. Give me something that will part it in the middle.'
2. The breasts of a woman. See breasts for synonyms and euphemisms.
(1) Cross-dressers Jerry/Daphne (Jack Lemmon) to Joe/Josephine (Tony Curtis) in Some Like It Hot (1959): ' Now you've done it! (...) You tore off one of my chests.'
(2) John Smith (Henry Fonda) in The Moon's Our Home (1936): ' Give me a simple primitive woman with a small high chest.'
Add or improve a definition
Chester the Molester